Photo of Attorneys at Young & Young, Attorneys at Law
Photo of Attorneys at Young & Young, Attorneys at Law

Your Rights, Our Experience

Dedicated trial lawyers focused on criminal defense & personal injury.
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Criminal Defense
  4.  » Domestic Violence

You Need Representation In Domestic Violence Cases

If you have been charged with domestic violence (DV, formerly known as CDV), you need an experienced criminal defense lawyer to vigorously advocate for your rights. Both our lawyers began their careers as prosecutors in the 9th Circuit Solicitor’s Office in Charleston, where they exclusively prosecuted CDV or DV cases. Having handled hundreds of these cases, we understand them from the state’s perspective as well as from the criminal defense side.

At Young & Young, Attorneys at Law, our criminal defense attorneys each have a unique insight into South Carolina’s criminal domestic violence cases. You can trust in our experience with all aspects of domestic violence cases. When we investigate, we will assess the merits of the state’s case against you. We will explain your options, and we will discuss whether to negotiate or go to trial.

A Conviction Will Change Your Life

Too many people charged with domestic violence assume that the case will be dropped if the alleged victims do not want to press charges. However, prosecutors can still pursue the case without the victim’s cooperation. This is known as victimless prosecution and can be a serious problem for people who do not have an experienced criminal defense lawyer.

A CDV conviction may include penalties such as jail time and fines. If you are convicted of criminal domestic violence, you will not be allowed to own firearms of any kind.

In addition, a civil order of protection may prevent you from seeing your children and staying in your home. Many aspects of your life will be negatively affected.

Don’t Assume The Charges Aren’t Serious

For a free consultation to discuss your case, please call us in Charleston at 888-273-4952 or 866-626-3860. You may also contact us online.